‘We believe that it is far better to have personal protection and not need it, than to need it and not have it!’
In life sometimes the unexpected can happen. When it does, one less worry is to know that you don’t have to worry about your finances, such as paying the bills. This can be achieved by placing in force adequate protection plans to protect your assets and ensure the future for your loved ones is secure. Protection planning includes the traditional areas, such as life assurance, but may also include others, such as insuring against long term disability that prevents you from being able to work, redundancy cover, income replacement cover, buildings & contents insurance, and many more besides. Everyone is different and throughout life will have changing priorities and concerns. Whatever your circumstances, from work to health to protecting the future for your family, Jonathan Richards Financial Consultancy Ltd can help you to find the most appropriate protection for your needs.
There are a number of questions that you might want to ask yourself:
- What will happen to my family if I (or my partner) were to die unexpectedly? Would the surviving spouse and our children have enough to live on? Would the mortgage be repaid?
- What will happen to me and my family if I or my partner were to be diagnosed with a critical illness (e.g. cancer, heart failure, etc.)? Would a tax-free cash lump sum help lessen the blow?
- What would happen to me and my family if my partner or I were unable to work for a prolonged period through illness or accident? Would my salary cease in such a situation?
- Would I be able to afford private medical expenses if I were to need to go into hospital?
- What would happen if I were made redundant?
We can advise on all aspects of financial protection, including:
- Group Protection as part of an employee benefit package (including Death-in-Service cover, Group Critical Illness, Group Income Protection and Group Private Medical Insurance)
- Term Assurance
- Critical Illness
- Income Protection
- Whole of Life cover
- Accident, Illness & Unemployment Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance (including comprehensive policies such as cover of maternity costs)
- Director/Partner Business Protection
- Key Man Insurance
Furthermore, we can advise on using life assurance products to mitigate inheritance tax as part of estate planning.